Today, there are many methods developed for the treatment of premature ejaculation. With these treatment methods, which are performed without the need for surgical intervention, premature ejaculation can be successfully eliminated. It is possible to list these methods as follows:
- Drug Treatment: Oral medications, called SSRIs, show their effect in an average of 5 to 10 days. These drugs need to be used regularly every day and some patients cannot continue the treatment because side effects such as sweating, nausea, vomiting and fatigue occur. In such cases, drugs containing dapoxetine can be used. These drugs do not need to be used regularly and are effective when taken 1 to 3 hours before sexual intercourse.
- Use of Creams and Gels: Local anesthetic gels and creams used in the treatment of premature ejaculation cause loss of sensation in the penis and thus delay ejaculation. This method does not have any side effects like pills. It is recommended to be applied 15-30 minutes before intercourse and to remove and clean these creams from the skin before starting the intercourse.
- Exercise and Sports: Kegel exercise is one of the most commonly used methods in the treatment of premature ejaculation. The important thing in this method is to strengthen the muscles that prevent urine retention and also prevent ejaculation. In addition to Kegel exercises, exercises to work the pelvic muscles can also be done.
- Condom Use: The use of condoms reduces the sensation of sensation in the penis and delays ejaculation since there is no direct contact during sexual intercourse. At the same time, it may be preferable to use condoms with local anesthetic gel, which is widely used today.
Thanks to all these treatment methods, success can be achieved in the treatment of premature ejaculation. But in addition to the above methods, it is also useful to listen to the following suggestions offered by doctors to help treat premature ejaculation:
- Masturbating 1 hour before intercourse can help delay ejaculation during intercourse.
- Preparing for sexual intercourse with a foreplay session, rather than having direct intercourse, can delay ejaculation.
- The stop-start method is one of the most commonly used methods. When the person is close to ejaculation, he stops and waits for the feeling of ejaculation to disappear. In this way, ejaculation is allowed after 3 repetitions. Regular application of this method is effective in eliminating the problem of premature ejaculation.
- Psychotherapy can be effective if premature ejaculation is due to problems with the person or their partner.
Although premature ejaculation is a problem that most of the men in the society hide, it can be easily solved if shared with a doctor. Therefore, share your problem with a physician without hiding it, and overcome this problem before it is too late.